Speaking at a press reception held at Hilton Marina Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Cruise Baltic Director, Claus Bødker said: “I believe the new Cruise Baltic Strategy reflects the maturity of the network. We have implemented some very solid work over the last 12 years and now is the time to use this strong platform and take the next step by continuing to be innovative in many aspects, such as sustainability, new markets and improved business intelligence”.
He continued: “We have retained our strategic partner relationships with Scandic Hotels and Emirates and I am proud to know that all our 29 partners continue to support our ambitions. We will continue to spread knowledge about the Baltic Sea Region destinations amongst travel agents worldwide. We will also maintain healthy relationships with cruise lines and other partners in the industry to deliver exceptional cruise experiences, which is actually our Strategy mission. Moreover, we have identified the crew as an important target group and will be focusing on their well-being when calling at our destinations.”
There are several exciting new aspects on this very ambitious new Cruise Baltic strategy:
- A new Branding process underlining the uniqueness of the region and aiming at making the Baltic region even more attractive for cruising;
- An investment to further strengthen the cooperation with Chinese and German travel agents to sell the Baltic cruise product, including material in their native language and presence at key- trade shows;
- Promoting an extension of the season;
- Making the region more interesting for first-time cruisers;
- Focusing on sustainability by opening the dialogue on how to improve the economic and social benefits of cruising for the Baltic destinations and on how to work globally to minimize the environmental impact of the industry in the region.
Claus Bødker underlines: “We have agreed that strengthening our Branding of the Baltic and concentrating efforts on supporting Sustainability in the region are key to the future success of our activities.”
Cruise Baltic’s overall Strategy - targeting the markets of Australia, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, the US, the UK and China - to be implemented over the next three years, will focus on three specific goals:
- promoting the Baltic Sea Region as an integrated cruise destination
- connecting the Cruise Baltic partners with key industry players
- creating value through knowledge sharing and education
Cruise Baltic is a network of cruise destinations in the Baltic Sea offering easy access to 10 countries on a string with an ‘ocean of adventures’. The network - founded in 2004 with 12 destinations - has now grown in 2017 to 29 destinations.
For further information:
Cruise Baltic Director - Claus Bødker, tel: mobile: +45 6120 9674; email: email@example.com; visit: www.cruisebaltic.com
Press Contact: Jill Faulds, tel: + 44 (0) 1795 536446; mobile: +44 (0) 7831 235181; email: firstname.lastname@example.org