When the Cruise Baltic network once again attends the Cruise360 cruise travel agent trade show on April 17th-23rd in Fort Lauderdale, it will be with the aim to train and support travel agents from around the globe on how to sell Baltic cruises.
“We consider it a vital part of our job to educate travel agents worldwide on the unique selling points of our region and all the exciting features we offer at our destinations. We believe that focusing on the travel agents is one of the keys to enabling sales for cruise lines, as 80% of cruises are still sold by travel agents around the world,” Claus Bødker, Director of Cruise Baltic, says.
The participation in Cruise360 is a great example of how Cruise Baltic works successfully with travel agents. Apart from a trade show booth, Cruise Baltic will also be hosting two workshops in cooperation with its strategic partners, SAS and Scandic.
CruiseCopenhagen, representing the largest turnaround destination in the Baltic Sea, will be joining Cruise Baltic at the trade show to train travel agents and agencies on how to sell stays in Copenhagen. The Danish destination will be represented at Cruise360 by SAS, Scandic, Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport, Hotel Ottilia, Absalon Hotel and Radisson Collection Royal Copenhagen.
Each year approximately 200 travel agents learn about cruising in the Baltic Sea at the Cruise360 workshops, and even more international travel agents get knowledge about the Baltic cruise experience through Cruise Baltic’s online learning platform.
Apart from Cruise360, Cruise Baltic will also be represented at the CLIA Conference in Southampton on the 23rd-25th of May 2018 and at the SWTF in Shanghai on May 24th-27th 2018.
Other Travel agent activities offered by Cruise Baltic include:
• Online e-learning platform in English and German. Since the launch in 2015 around 2,000 English speaking travel agents from United Kingdom, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand have completed the course which is part of the reason for the increasing sales numbers for the Baltic cruises.
• Inspirational brochures and material to support sales. https://www.onlinetraveltraining.com/free-courses/providers/CruiseBaltic/sales-materials
• Updated website with all the needed information to improve Baltic cruise sales. www.cruisebaltic.com
• Inspirational video channel with videos from all destinations in Cruise Baltic. https://vimeo.com/user34638703/videos
• An online overview of all cruise lines in the Baltic with links, so travel agents can connect to cruise lines website and check itineraries. https://www.cruisebaltic.com/about/cruise-lines-in-the-baltic.aspx
Cruise360 is the largest and only official conference of the cruise industry, with nearly 600 attending travel professionals. The conference was started five years ago by CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association), with the aim to bring together travel professionals, cruise line representatives, ports and destinations, industry suppliers and CLIA preferred partners. This year, Cruise360 is taking place in Fort Lauderdale on April 17th-23rd 2018, where it will be featuring professional development, ship inspections, networking and the latest industry trends.
Cruise Baltic is the preferred partner for cruise lines operating in the Baltic Sea Region. Our office is run as a network of partner destinations consisting of all major ports in the region. This allows us to offer all cruise lines easy access, great service, high standards and full integration between ports and cities throughout the region.
Please read more at www.cruisebaltic.com/
For further information please contact Director of Cruise Baltic, Claus Bødker, at e-mail email@example.com or telephone +45 61 20 96 74.
For press related questions, pictures etc. please contact Fie Nadja Vedsmand at CruiseCopenhagen’s PR agency EHRENBERG SØRENSEN Kommunikation at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +45 28 15 88 97.